Although the academic year of 2010/11 has now come to a close, we have put together a year book to take you on a trip down memory lane! Take a look at the highlights from what has been a truely great year!
Fight the Fees March (Demolition)
St Patrick’s Day
Flair Art Show
Hallam Union Awards
Best Bar None
Hallam Award Presentation Night
The Hallam Housing Fair
Get Active Week
Democracy and Representation
2010/11 Full- time Officers
Your Officers have been very busy helping make your Union experience that bit better. Here’s a round-up of what they have been up to this year:
Caroline’s achievements for the year
Doug’s achievements for the year
Laura’s achievements for the year
Jake’s achievements for the year
Ben’s achievements for the year
2010/11 Part-time Officers
And your next year’s reps are…
As you know (or at least we hope you know) Hallam Union has various elected positions that help us ensure that the union provides the services you want it to. Any student can nominate themselves for an elected position, then we hold a cross campus vote for you to choose who you want to elect. So take a look at the people you elected to represent you for the academic year of 2011/12:
Advice Centre Round Up
Here’s a list of the activities which the Advice Centre has been put on over the past year.
- Monday Moneyday Information Stalls: every Monday 2pm-4pm in Owen Building
- Money Hunt: workshops for students focusing on funding, banking and budgeting
- International Students Money Fairs: Money and finance events
- What Next Workshop: Information/talks to final year students
- Christmas Avoiding Debt Workshop
- Talks in Schools / Colleges as part of the outreach projects: High Storrs, Brinsworth and Silverdale School; Hillsborough and Longley Park College.
- Financial Capability Forum Conferences: organisations across South Yorkshire focusing on community links with the University
- Energy Best Deal Workshop for students
- Tiny Talks: brief 15/20 minute talks
- Post and Pre-lecture Talks: Brief PowerPoint presentations
- Open Day and University Experience Fee / Funding presentations
- Postgraduate and part-time students workshops / one-to-one talks
- Sexual Health information stalls put on with Sheffield Central Health Clinic for Re-Freshers Fair, Valentines’ Day and St Patrick’s Day.
- Improvements made to the Advice Centre website pages resulting in increased hit rates
2010/11 Volunteering Projects
Volunteer England Gold Award
Hallam Union Student Awards
The Volunteer Standing Committee members 2010/11
Active Societies this year 2010/11
Stage Services is a group dedicated to providing technical service support for Union events and student activities. Click here for more info!
This year we had over 1,400 Course Reps at Hallam – more than we’ve ever had before! Check out this year’s highlights below:
Student Rep Highlights for 2010/11
The Community Reps scheme was a new initiative for this year. We at Hallam Union think it’s important that students feel integrated into the community so we put together the Community Rep scheme to help. Click here for more info and to meet our 2010/11 Community Reps!
Can’t get enough of year books!? Read the 2009/10 year book!