- What's On?
- Your Union
- Fun, Food & Drink
- Get Involved
- Student Life
Hi, my name is Jenna Meeking and I am the Activities Officer at Hallam Union. I support all the exciting activities such as volunteering, societies and RAG! Take a look at what the union has to offer in the Get Involved section of the website…There is something for everyone!!
To get involved contact me via:
Tel: 0114 225 6172
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS WILL I BRING TO THE ROLE:
I am a very driven, hard working and highly motivated individual with lots of relevant experience. The officers currently work effectively as part of a team and as Activities Officer I will contribute practically to the success of the team. I’ve always been actively involved with students whilst at SHU. I am currently a Faculty Rep for the Health and Wellbeing department, Student Rep, Campaign Rep, fundraiser for the SHU Cheerleaders, volunteer for Fit Club and an exercise referral officer for the students taking a nursing route. I also do lots of other volunteering outside of SHU. During my degree I have gained a lot of experience with organising and running events. As part of my degree I completed a six-week placement. Within my placement I was responsible for organising two big events in Sheffield which involved 18,500 young people. The organisation I was placed with had recently undergone funding cuts and I was successful at negotiating costs, receiving donations and recognition for schools throughout Sheffield. I will transfer these skills and experiences to the role of Activities Officer. I’ve gained experience and developed new skills as a fundraiser by organising many successful fundraising events for the SHU cheerleaders.
IN THIS ROLE I WILL ACHIEVE FOR STUDENTS:
- My main aim is to commit to implementing the RAG strategy and further develop the RAG brand. I want to provide students with more fundraising opportunities such as abroad exhibitions e.g. climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- I want to maintain and follow through with the current pilot scheme for a nationally acknowledged award. The award recognizes student’s extra-curricular activities through collaborative work with the National Union of Students (NUS).
- I believe that every student is free to develop within and enjoy every aspect of University life. I will be dedicated to encourage students to participate in new experiences outside their academic study. I will do this by promoting societies, events and activities throughout the academic year.
- I want to develop a “Summer Scheme” for international students living in Sheffield throughout the summer.
- I want to support and encourage the SHU volunteers, as I believe they are the most important people in the working sector.
- I want to work alongside the Democracy Officer to promote the space at The Hubs by encouraging students to utilize the facilities available to them.
And of course… Due to my degree I also want to get students more ACTIVE! After all “Its a New Jennaration!!”
STUDENTS SHOULD VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE: Its going to be a New Jennaration!!