- What's On?
- Your Union
- Fun, Food & Drink
- Get Involved
- Student Life
• approx 900g/2lb cold cooked rice (about 400g/14oz uncooked rice)
• 400g tuna in springwater
• 200g frozen peas , defrosted under the hot tap
• 2 red peppers , peeled with a potato peeler, deseeded and diced
• 3 tomatoes , chopped into small chunks
• 5 spring onions , finely sliced
• bunch flat-leaf parsley , chopped (use a pinch of dried if you don’t have fresh)
• large handful stoned green olives , roughly chopped (optional)
• 4 tbsp mayonnaise
• juice 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp olive oil
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 30 mins
Low-fat, Super healthy
1. The cooked rice will have probably clumped together, so break it up in a large mixing bowl. Flake in the tuna, then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and olives, if you’re using them.
2. Stir through the mayonnaise, lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste. Cover the bowl with cling film or place in a large plastic container and let your household serve themselves whenever they are hungry.
328 kcalories, protein 14g, carbohydrate 49g, fat 10 g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 2g, sugar 5g, salt 0.22 g