- What's On?
- Your Union
- Fun, Food & Drink
- Get Involved
- Student Life
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS WILL I BRING TO THE ROLE?
As the current Activities Officer, I have been heavily involved with the Union over the last 6 months and my knowledge and skills will help my role as President as I know the organisation well. For example, I am very familiar with the different student groups that make Sheffield Hallam University as well as the more specific groups that make Hallam Union. Knowledge like this will help me strengthen my existing skills such as communication and people skills to engage more students over my time in office. The challenge for me is learning new skills that this role requires such as understanding strategies, finances and chairing meetings. The most important thing for me is that I have experience and skills to give to this role and others, but to also gain a more diverse range of them from this job that I hope to pass on to the next president and others throughout my career. The beauty of this job is that every individual brings something different and I believe I can bring something unique.
IN THIS ROLE I WILL ACHIEVE FOR STUDENTS
- To obtain student’s opinions and feelings about Hallam Union as the union is led by students for students
- To actively show that ideas and feedback are taken on board and to show students what changes have been made that was suggested by them
- To demonstrate greatly how students can benefit from their Union especially as the fees have increased
- To ensure that the Officer team is as strong and confident as it could be with all my support and guidance to make every student’s time here at Hallam memorable
- To implement our Strategic Plan in order to unlock the potential and enrich the lives of every student at Hallam Union
STUDENTS SHOULD VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE: KEEP IT FRESH!